Frederick Business Law Attorney
Professional Business Law Services In Maryland
The Law Firm of Stephen S. Burgoon, in Frederick, Maryland, offers sophisticated legal representation for businesses in a variety of industries. From initial business formation to negotiating contracts to managing business transitions, it seeks to establish long-term attorney-client relationships built upon trust and mutual respect.
Attorney Stephen Burgoon has assisted clients in employment and business matters, which are often intertwined, since 1993. He offers high-caliber legal services combined with personal service.
Protecting Your Business Interests
Mr. Burgoon’s business law experience includes assisting small- to medium-sized businesses with all of the following:
- Business and shareholder litigation: The firm provides experienced representation in all manner of business disputes, from breach of contract issues to disputes among majority and minority shareholders. No business plans on entering into litigation. The firm seeks results that align with client objectives in the most efficient and cost-effective manner possible.
- Partner disputes: Mr. Burgoon assists business partners through all manner of disputes, seeking amicable resolutions where possible, but always pursuing the solution that most effectively achieves his client’s goals. This includes working out differences in negotiation or mediation, or pursuing the dissolution or sale of the business.
- Trademark and copyright defense: Mr. Burgoon has successfully prosecuted injunctive relief claims in federal court for piracy, copyright or trademark infringement, and other intellectual property misuse or theft. He can also help clients obtain trademarks and copyrights for new products, branding, customer lists and business models.
- Business formation and counseling: As a small-business owner himself, Mr. Burgoon provides counsel on all aspects of a business’s life cycle, from formation to employment matters to dissolution, succession or acquisition.
- Contract review and drafting: Mr. Burgoon assists many businesses in the negotiation, review and drafting of contracts, including shareholder and partnership agreements, vendor contracts, financial agreements, noncompete agreements and employment contracts.
- Commercial leases and real estate matters: The firm assists commercial business owners and landlords with commercial leases, commercial property management, landlord-tenant disputes, evictions and other commercial real estate matters.
Mr. Burgoon is sensitive to the economic realities of hiring legal services. He provides clients with honest counsel on the cost-effectiveness of pursuing various legal actions so clients can make informed decisions about next steps.
Contact An Experienced Montgomery County Business Lawyer
To discuss your particular business-related legal matter, contact The Law Firm of Stephen S. Burgoon at 301-228-0769 or fill out the online contact form. The firm is located near Interstate 270 in Frederick, Maryland.